The Basics of 3D Printing -- JUNE 24, 25, & 26
$75 CAD / $61 USD
Please note this is a 3-day course (8.5 hours total). It is recommended that you have a Facebook account to take this course (if you don't have Facebook, you'll be provided with the Class Recordings). You will need a DESKTOP/LAPTOP COMPUTER (Mac or PC) for this class / to operate the 3D printing software with. Classes will be recorded so you'll be able to refer back on them at any point in the future!
I've been using the Creality Ender 3 printer for over 2 years -- I have a fleet of 11 Creality Ender 3 Pro Printers now! I got my first Creality Ender 3D printer for Christmas in 2018 from my now-fiancé Spencer. He's a Professional Mechatronics Engineer who regularly works with 3D software, CNC routers and laser-cutting tools, so I knew from the get-go that if anyone could figure out which printer was the best (and most cost-effective) for my needs, he was the one who could do it.
I started out with absolutely zero knowledge about how to use extruding, slicing, and 3D printing software -- thankfully I had Spencer to guide me through the process. My hope is now to help guide you through the process of setting up and running your own 3D printer too! There is so much that can be done with a 3D printer; not only can you print Cookie Cutters, but you can print Cake Stands, cake toppers, molds, figurines, you can even print jewelry or something as random as a new lightswitch cover!
What we’ll be covering in this class:
JUNE 24th, 2pm - 4:30pm PST:
The Creality Ender 3-Pro 3D Printer
- What you need to know
- Building the Machine
- Spare & Upgraded Parts
- Levelling the Bed
- Filament: PLA, ABS, or PETG?
JUNE 25th, 2pm - 4pm PST:
How to use STL Files & Slicing Software
- About Ultimaker Cura Software
- Where to find & buy STL files
- How to prepare STL files for printing
JUNE 26th, 2pm - 4pm PST:
- What can go wrong?
- Replacing worn-out hardware
- Online Resources
With the purchase of this class, you will receive a Welcome Letter (contained within your e-receipt) informing you of the next steps! Within 7-10 days of the start of class, you'll receive a comprehensive Information Document containing:
- Links to all hardware and software you'll want for operating a Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D printer, plus links to distributers of food-safe Filament (and other filament types)
- Frequently asked questions with answers (we'll also go into much more detail about this during the class)
- Access to the private Facebook group where the Livestream will be hosted (the Livestream will be recorded so group members can refer to the videos at any point in the future. And as with all my classes, you'll be able to ask me questions during the livestream, or even request I repeat something if you need clarity on it)
- Links to online resources for more 3D printing info, and much more!
- A Facebook account is required if you want to watch the livestream in real-time.
- You DO NOT need a Facebook account to register for this class though! The Livestream Class Recordings will be provided via email to everyone who registers for the class. Those who don't have a Facebook account, or simply don't want to join the Facebook group, will still be provided access to the Class Recordings.
This is a digital product, no physical item will be sent. Once payment is completed, you will be able to download the digital file. Unfortunately I cannot offer refunds for digital files.
You CAN use the digital files for personal use, small business use, and for creating cookies to use as gifts or sell through your small business.
YOU CAN NOT share, sell or distribute the digital file, or resell this digital file in any format. YOU CAN NOT sell this document in it's printed form. All materials are copyrighted.