- Cookie Decorating Classes
- 3D Printing & Cookie Preservation
- Designing Your Own Cookie Cutters -- CLASS RECORDING
Designing Your Own Cookie Cutters -- CLASS RECORDING
$89 CAD / $72 USD
You will need a DESKTOP/LAPTOP COMPUTER (Mac or PC) for this class / to operate the 3D printing software with. Classes will be recorded so you'll be able to refer back on them at any point in the future! These Class Recordings come with links to the videos, as well as access to the Private Facebook Group for additional resources and support!
Although I didn't know anything about 3D printing when I fist got my Creality Ender printer, I did have a full background in Graphic Design, which was extremely handy when it came to creating my own cutter and stamp designs. I was already incredibly proficient with the software that I'd be able to design my cutters with: Adobe Illustrator. So, now I want to show you how to use this professional-level software to create your totally custom cutter designs. PLEASE NOTE: this is a beginner-level class, we will NOT be delving into more advanced techniques such as adding text to a curvy cutter blade, or creating a bevelled handle. We will go going over some text additions to your cutters though (for straight edge cutters, in stamp form, adding your logo to the cutter handle)!
Adobe Illustrator is available for a 7-day free trial, and is $20/month thereafter -- but we'll also go over other free online software that you can use (however, these options will be bit more basic in terms of design capabilities).
What we cover in this class:
Designing your own cutters
- Using Adobe Illustrator
- Creating a shape from scratch
- Creating a shape from text and clipart
- Cutter specifications: thickness & height
- The file types: SVG to STL to GCODE
- Other (free) software for your custom cutter designs
Extruding your custom cutters
- Extruding Software: free or costly?
- Using TinkerCad for extrusion
Printing your custom cutters
- About Ultimaker Cura Software
- How to prepare STL files for printing
- Filament: PLA, ABS, or PETG?
- Tidying up the finished print
Creating & Printing Other Items
- Designing your own Custom Cake Toppers!!
- Designing your own Fondant Molds!!
With the purchase of this class, you will receive a Course Packet (contained within your e-receipt) containing link and supplies and more!
- Links to all software options for creating your own custom cutters
- A photo guide on using Adobe Illustrator to create your own cutters
- A photo guide for using TinkerCAD to extrude your designs
- Access to the private Facebook group for resources and support
- Links to the recorded livestreams
- Links to online resources and more!
This is a digital product, no physical item will be sent. Once payment is completed, you will be able to download the digital file. Unfortunately I cannot offer refunds for digital files.
You CAN use the digital files for personal use, small business use, and for creating cookies to use as gifts or sell through your small business.
YOU CAN NOT share, sell or distribute the digital file, or resell this digital file in any format. YOU CAN NOT sell this document in it's printed form. All materials are copyrighted.