Designing Your Own Cookie Cutters -- JUNE 28, 29, & 30
$75 CAD / $61 USD
Please note this is a 3-day course (7 hours total). It is recommended that you have a Facebook account to take this course (if you don't have Facebook, you'll be provided with the Class Recordings). You will need a DESKTOP/LAPTOP COMPUTER (Mac or PC) for this class / to operate the software with. Classes will be recorded so you'll be able to refer back on them at any point in the future!
Although I didn't know anything about 3D printing when I fist got my Creality Ender printer, I did have a full background in Graphic Design, which was extremely handy when it came to creating my own cutter and stamp designs. I was already incredibly proficient with the software that I'd be able to design my cutters with: Adobe Illustrator. So, now I want to show you how to use this professional-level software to create your totally custom cutter designs. PLEASE NOTE: this is a beginner-level class, we will NOT be delving into more advanced techniques such as adding text to a curvy cutter blade, or creating a bevelled handle. We will go going over some text additions to your cutters though (for straight edge cutters, in stamp form, adding your logo to the cutter handle)!
Adobe Illustrator is available for a 7-day free trial, and is $20/month thereafter -- but we'll also go over other free online software that you can use (however, these options will be bit more basic in terms of design capabilities).
What we’ll be covering in this class:
JUNE 28th, 2pm-5pm PST:
Designing your own cutters
- Using Adobe Illustrator
- Creating a shape from scratch
- Creating a shape from text and clipart
- Cutter specifications: thickness & height
- The file types: SVG to STL to GCODE
- Other (free) software for your custom cutter designs
JUNE 29th, 2pm-4pm PST:
Extruding your custom cutters
- Extruding Software: free or costly?
- Using TinkerCad for extrusion
Printing your custom cutters
- About Ultimaker Cura Software
- How to prepare STL files for printing
- Filament: PLA, ABS, or PETG?
- Tidying up the finished print
JUNE 30th, 2pm-4pm PST:
Creating & Printing Other Items
- Designing your own Custom Cake Toppers!!
- Designing your own Fondant Molds!!
With the purchase of this class, you will receive a Welcome Letter (contained within your e-receipt) informing you of the next steps! Within two weeks of the start of class, you'll receive a comprehensive Information Document containing:
- Links to all software options for creating your own custom cutters
- A photo guide on using Adobe Illustrator to create your own cutters (plus a Livestream Class on using Adobe Illustrator)
- Access to the private Facebook group where the Livestream will be hosted (the Livestream will be recorded so group members can refer to the videos at any point in the future. And as with all my classes, you'll be able to ask me questions during the livestream, or even request I repeat something if you need clarity on it)
- Links to online resources and more!
- A Facebook account is required if you want to watch the livestream in real-time.
- You DO NOT need a Facebook account to register for this class though! The Livestream Class Recordings will be provided via email to everyone who registers for the class. Those who don't have a Facebook account, or simply don't want to join the Facebook group, will still be provided access to the Class Recordings.
This is a digital product, no physical item will be sent. Once payment is completed, you will be able to download the digital file. Unfortunately I cannot offer refunds for digital files.
You CAN use the digital files for personal use, small business use, and for creating cookies to use as gifts or sell through your small business.
YOU CAN NOT share, sell or distribute the digital file, or resell this digital file in any format. YOU CAN NOT sell this document in it's printed form. All materials are copyrighted.