MARZIPAN ROSE COOKIE POP
Download the Free Template here!
What you will need:
- Rose Cookie Pop Template
- Cookie Dough (I used my Red Velvet Sugar Cookies recipe)
- Royal Icing in piping consistency for rose petals
- Marzipan in pink and green (or whatever colour you'd like to make your rose)!
- Wilton Tip 104
- Piping bags
- Rolling pin, parchment paper, craft blade, Lollipop sticks
HOW TO: Watch the video and follow the instructions below!
- Begin any making your cookie dough, use the Rose template to cut out your cookie shapes. Place cookies on your baking trap, and press lollipop stick into it. Bake according to recipe instructions.
- Roll out your pink marzipan (you can colour your marzipan with any food colouring) between two sheets of parchment, dust with icing sugar to help prevent stickiness.
- Use the same Rose template to cut out the rose shape from the marzipan. Pipe a small amount of royal icing onto your cookie to secure the marzipan too. Smooth out the marzipan with your fingers.
- It's time to pipe the petals! Pipe one ruffle along the top edge of the cookie. Next, pipe a small petal "curl" in the centre-top of the cookie. Work your way outwards and downwards, laying the piped petals as your go.
- Leave the marzipan ate the base of the rose exposed - you'll be securing the leaves to this area!
- Roll out your green marzipan, and cut 3 of the Leaf shapes. Cut one of the leaves in half lengthwise, and secure each half the left and right sides of the rose. Secure the 2 remaining leaves to the base of the rose.
- Optional: cut tiny pieces of green marzipan for small leaves to layer around the base of the rose/leaves.
- Allow the royal icing and marzipan leaves to dry for several hours.
- Add some detail to the leaves! I painted mine with Roxy & Rich green lustre dust for a bit of sparkle. I also used Truly Mad Plastics Gold Lustre dust to gild the edges of the leaves and petals.
- Wrap your cookie in plastic and secure with a twist tie.
- Use to template to create your packaging "cone", insert the cookie pop and tie it with a bow! :)